Well, I'm kinda wondering what to write about in my first
posting. Each January is Stalking Awareness Month, and I have a personal
story to tell about that. Although I remain undiagnosed, I have a very
strong suspicion that I have Asperger's Syndrome, because my symptoms
match up pretty closely with what I have read in the Diagnostic and
Statistical Manual for that particular disorder. The next time I see a
psychologist, I am simply going to ask one what it is that I do have,
rather than revealing my suspicions to him first.
Professionals I have seen in the past gave me very short, limited
testing, and then refused to confirm my suspicion, because they believed
I would run to the State of Kentucky for monthly taxpayers handouts.
That is not what I am about. I worked from my teenage years full time
for thirty years until the economic crash in 2008. I don't believe in
receiving public assistance while I'm not working, although today I do
have need of my safety net from time to time.
While I do pay taxes, it is only because I am forced to do so. There are a
select few people around the nation who do receive complete refunds of
everything they paid in to the IRS and their State government the
previous year. Apparently, such people are independently wealthy. The
short version is that any federal or State tax charged against private
sector citizens on their labor is pure scam.
When confronted with the correct information about why that is, the IRS and
State revenue cabinets will bluster and threaten for awhile, but will
ultimately capitulate to the non-taxpayer, even as they continue with
their media ads that threaten the rest of us about the consequences of
noncompliance. The problem with this is that the system has been set
into concrete over the course of a lifetime, and for those who choose to
get complete refunds back, they get no safety net. In exchange for
receiving public assistance, bureaucrats always want to see current tax
returns. If you have no returns to show, you would get no food stamps,
no bank loans, no student financial aid, etc.
If you do not pay into social security, for example, you get none when you
retire. Even if you become severely disabled and are unable to work,
you would get nothing. Due to the human condition, in my opinion, it is
simply better to pay your taxes and then rely on the safety net if you
should ever need it, particularly if you're broke. This is as long as the currently corrupt system remains in place, which shouldn't be for very much longer. For more information, see the Lost Horizons Newsletter.
No comments:
Post a Comment